Learning activities for children of all ages
We have made it easy and FUN for you to get the children in your life involved in environmental sustainability activities at school, at home or in your community.
- 30-minute activities with curriculum and framework links
- Professionally developed* based upon Jean Piaget learning and engagement approach, written by environmental educators and approached collaboratively (AAEE, PIEFA)
- Step-by-step instructions with background information
- Videos that explain why the learning activity is important before students get started
- Educator notes and activity sheets
The learning activities help to build knowledge and deeper connections to…
Learning about local ecosystems including plants, animals and soil; creating habitat for local plants and animals by planting local species, installing nest boxes or creating a fog bog, planting trees and shrubs and managing weeds.
Learning about plant lifecycles; understanding where our food comes from; creating vegetable, herb and bush tucker gardens.
First Nations Perspectives
Learning about Indigenous seasons; traditional land management techniques and cultural heritage.
Learning how to set up and manage compost systems and worm farms; or implementing the 4 R’s – Refusing, Reducing, Reusing, Recycling.
Just for Kids
The Just for Kids activities have been developed to help children at home and at school explore Junior Landcare and create their own ideas.
The activity sheets are based on the activities in the Junior Landcare Learning Centre, and focus on four key areas: food production, biodiversity, waste management and indigenous perspectives.