What is your personal information?
Personal information we collect, and how we collect it
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name;
- your mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- your age or date of birth;
- information about your donations to us;
- any additional information that you provide to us directly through our websites; or
- any other information we may require to facilitate our dealings with you.
Some specific examples of the personal information we collect are set out below.
Information you have provided us with
This might be your name, email address, billing address, home address, phone number or other information that is necessary for us to provide you with a service or to enhance your customer experience with us. For example, we collect your information when you correspond with us, complete a survey, make a donation to us, volunteer with us, submit a photograph, lodge an application in respect of a grant or sponsored project, register your organisation in the National Landcare Directory, subscribe to our newsletters, make enquiries via our websites.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools (for example, your IP address). This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or websites, your activities may be logged.
Information from users of the Landcarer Website
We also collect the information of the users of our Landcarer Platform (such users being individuals, government agencies, corporate entities, Landcare groups and other entities) to provide products and services to them. This information may include information about you if you are an employee or client or otherwise have dealings with of one of these users (for example, you are a member of a Landcare group).
Information from our partners
We may obtain personal information from our trusted partners or other organisations (e.g. charities or list suppliers) where we believe they have legal grounds to share that information with us. We do our best to ensure that this is either information you have provided them with directly or that they have otherwise lawfully gathered about you.
Publicly available information
We may collect personal information from publicly available sources (e.g. articles that have been published on the internet).
Information about your job application with us
How and why we use your personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to perform our functions and activities;
- to enable you to access and use our website and services (this includes, for example, registering your account, providing you with services that you have requested, and providing you with access to the Landcarer website where you have registered);
- to administer and analyse our client base (including website usage behaviour and history) in order to improve our website and the quality, variety, and availability of services offered/provided;
- to provide products and services to our customers (which may be individuals, government agencies, corporate entities, Landcare groups and other entities), including by conducting analytics on data that may contain your personal information to create aggregated and anonymised data products for our customers;
- to send you alerts, service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you newsletters, marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our carefully selected partners;
- to administer surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to respond to enquiries you have submitted via an online form;
- to consider your employment application; and
- to comply with the law.
Using your personal information for direct marketing
We, and/or our carefully selected partners, may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
How we disclose your personal information
- legal firms, accounting firms, auditors, contractors, consultants, other professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our employees and related entities;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We do not routinely disclose personal information outside of Australia.
How we secure your data
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS) and monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. In the event of a data breach, we will notify you and the relevant authorities as required by law.