In June, for the third year, Landcare Australia partnered with the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning to offer the 2020 Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants Program of up to $5,000. This year the Victorian Government is funding up to $450,000 for these fantastic grants, bringing the total funding over three years to over $1.3million.
These grants are for schools (primary or secondary), kindergartens, childcare centres, Scouts or Girl Guides or youth groups, youth environmental volunteer groups and Junior Landcare groups in Victoria.
The grants provide an opportunity to secure funding to engage young Victorians in outdoor, hands-on, on-ground projects, and environmental learning activities that provide both environmental and educational outcomes, as well as health and social benefits
Applications for the 2020 Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants closed on 31 July. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. We will be announcing the successful grant recipients in September 2020.
Any school (primary or secondary), kindergarten, childcare centre, Scouts or Girl Guides, or youth group, youth environmental volunteers groups and Junior Landcare groups in Victoria.
1. Check the Guidelines and Criteria to see if your project idea fits.
2. Start talking to your colleagues and get a project team together. Your project team may consist of teachers, parents, students and collaborators such as your local Landcare group, ‘Friends of’ group or local indigenous nursery.
3. Work with your project team to clearly develop your project idea, including the educational and environmental outcomes you expect to achieve. Click here for incursion/excursion ideas in your area.
4. Make sure your project gets students involved.
5. Develop a detailed and realistic budget. Click here for an example budget.
6. Include photos (minimum 1MB), maps, drawings or anything else that’ll help bring your application to life.
Click here to download a PDF of the Guidelines and Criteria for this grant.