Terms and Conditions for Junior Landcare’s Love Letters to the Land Competition
These Terms and Conditions and all information on “how to enter” this Competition (collectively the “Terms”) apply to Junior Landcare’s Love Letters to the Land campaign (the “Competition”).
The Competition will be conducted by Landcare Australia (ABN: 63 0086 565 13) of Level 3, 6 Help Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067 (the “Promoter”) during the Competition Period specified in any promotional material, FAQ or other competition details/communications.
By entering this Competition, you (the “Participant/s”) and your parent, carer, guardian, teacher or group coordinator (who has parental/legal guardian permission to share photos of the “Participant/s”) warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend or replace these Terms and/or any Competition rules or procedures at any time and for any reason.
- To be eligible, the Participant must be under the age of 18 years and residing in Australia.
- By entering, the Participant or carer/teacher/school principal/youth or community group coordinator will be deemed to have obtained the permission of the Participant’s parent or legal guardian to participate in the Competition and for the Promoter to use the Competition Entry as set out in these Terms.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- To qualify to be in the random draw to win a visit from Costa Georgiadis to your school/youth/community group, participants or their legal guardian/parent/carer/teacher/ group coordinator (with permission from legal guardians to share images of the Participant/s) must fill in the required form and upload a photo of the participant/s holding their ‘Love Letter to the Land’ and/or uploading their ‘Love Letter to the Land’ on the Junior Landcare website (juniorlandcare.org.au) during the promotional period 1 August 2023 to 20 October 2023.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter upon submission, upload or otherwise.
- By entering this competition, participants, and their legal guardian or those with authority to consent, give permission for Landcare Australia to publish photos of their child/children for the purpose of this competition on the Junior Landcare website (www.juniorlandcare.org.au), Landcare Australia social media channels including but not exclusive to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Threads and LinkedIn and published and communicated in external media articles, or any medium used as part of the Love Letters to the Land marketing campaign. Informed consent may be verbally obtained from a child or young person while in the presence of their parent or guardian.
- The 25 top Letters to the Land to be published on the The Land website will be judged by the Junior Landcare team. The decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Letters will be judged on originality and appropriateness for the theme.
- Landcare Australia reserves the right to request confirmation of previous parental consent for photos of children in a group situation such as class/school photos to be obtained from a school principal or senior teacher.
- Entries will be accepted from 9:00am (AEST) 1 August 2023. Entries close at 05:00pm (AEST) 20 October 2023 (Competition Period).
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, incorrectly submitted or misdirected entries.
- Competition Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period.
- The winner will be notified by email by a representative of the Promoter.
- Entries that are incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, forged, manipulated, tampered with in any way, contain any defamatory, offensive or unlawful content, any Entry that has the potential to damage the reputation of any individual or entity, or entries that the Promoter reasonably considers do not comply with these Terms (“Invalid Entries”). All Invalid Entries will be removed from the Competition.
- JUDGING AND PRIZE
- This competition is a game of chance and each individual Love Letter to the Land or singular photo of the individual or group holding their Love Letters to the Land submitted entry will enter the draw for a chance to be randomly selected by the Promoter as a Competition winner.
- The prize is a single visit by Junior Landcare ambassador, Costa Georgiadis, to a school, community or youth group premises or a location deemed acceptable by both Costa Georgiadis and Landcare Australia.
- If an individual is drawn, Costa is to visit the nominated school/youth/community group of the child who is drawn if they wish him to do so.
- Costa’s school/youth/community visit is subject to his availability and can take place within a year of being awarded the prize. It cannot be exchanged or redeemed.
- A Participant claiming to be a prize winner must provide proof of identity, if required by the Promoter.
- By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to the Promoter publishing their first name and age/school level as a winner in any media whatsoever (unless otherwise advised by the Participant during the Competition Period).
- The Promoter is not responsible for any changes in dates, times, cancellations or otherwise that may prevent a prize winner from accepting or using the prize.
- The prize(s) or any part or element of the prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- This Competition is free to enter.
- Any decision of the Promoter in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each Participant is responsible for notifying the Promoter of any change to the Participant’s contact details during and after the Competition Period.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated due to any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- This Competition and these Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
- Participants enter the Competition at their own risk.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including liability in contract, tort, pursuant to legislation or otherwise), and is hereby released, from any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition or any prize, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (b) any expense incurred by a prize winner in connection with the prize or Competition generally, including travel costs, expenses hosting the prize, or (c) participation in any activity associated with the Competition.
- PRIVACY STATEMENT
- The Promoter will collect and use the Participants’ personal information for the purposes of administering and carrying out the Competition and may be used to send information and future promotional communications to the Participant.
- If a Participant does not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as outlined in these Terms and Conditions, the Participant should contact the Promoter.
- A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.